Meditation Pictures of India
My Spiritual Pilgrimage:
A Journey to India ...The Land of Buddha
Welcome to more meditation pictures of India from my spiritual pilgrimage back in the early 1990's. If you somehow missed the beginning you may easily CLICK HERE for the First Page.
Our group photo was probably taken by professional photographer Debi Harbin, our dear dharma sister, who is known for her amazing meditation pictures, etc. We are posed at the Stupa in Deer Park, Varanasi.
Return to Buddhism Info Page
During this journey to India we visited 7 sacred sites of the Buddha:
- Bodhgaya, the location of Buddha's enlightenment;
- Deer Park at Varanasi, where Buddha first turned the Wheel of Dharma;
- Shravasti, where Buddha spent 25 years in retreat during monsoon season and performed miracles;
- Rajagriha, at Vulture Peak Mountain, where Buddha turned the second Wheel of Dharma, The Prajnaparamita Teachings;
- Vaishali, where Buddha turned the third Wheel of Dharma;
- Nalanda, where Buddha extended his life; and
- Kushinagar, where Buddha went to Mahaparinirvana.
... More Inspiring Meditation Pictures of India
Return to Meditation Photos Page
Sarnath, where Buddha first turned the Wheel of Dharma. I was incredibly fortunate to view an actual tiny bone relic of Buddha Shakymuni inside this Stupa. We all circled around it while reciting prayers and mantras. What a wonderful way to begin our pilgrimage!
Bodhgaya, the place of Buddha's enlightenment is commemorated by this giant Stupa, it is near the famous Bodhi Tree. This is one of my many pictures of India.
The photo below was probably taken by my dharma sister friend Janie who is a great supporter of the Padmasambhava Buddhist Center. I am inside the great Stupa doing some mantras with my mala beads.
Return to Tibetan Buddhism Info Page
I took this photo of Buddha inside the great Stupa at Bodhgaya. I have so many more images to help inspire you. Perhaps you will one day plan a pilgrimage of your own? Wherever you do go in this wonderful world remember India is a trip!
Okay...Let's move on now...CLICK HERE to continue this Journey to India...(Nalanda and Kushinagar, etc.)
OTHER Inspiring Photos of Meditation from my collection
Read my article on Buddhist Beliefs
Read my Article: Tibetan Yoga - 5 Rites
Circle back HOME from meditation pictures of India page